What is more frustrating than getting a pimple on your lips? Lips are too sensitive and pimples cause a lot of irritation. Moreover, the problem aggravates when you have to go out and that dark attractive pimple puts you in a dilemma! This article focuses on the possible causes and reasons of pimples on lips and offers you numerous preventive measures to avoid pimples.
Unhygienic Conditions, Hormonal Problems, Unbalanced Diet, Stress or an issue of the internal organs may cause a pimple on your lips.
Let us now see what could be the possible reasons of pimples on lips!
Lipsticks and Gels
You may have you a lipstick or a lip balm that has crossed its expiry date. These products contain chemicals that deteriorate after a certain period of time which is denoted by its expiry date. You must keep a watch on the expiry date of these products. The lipsticks contain a lot of chemicals including Methylparaben, acetate, propylparaben. Methylparaben is used as a preservative in lipsticks and is also an anti – fungal agent. The expiry date is to alert the users that the chemicals have now deteriorated and you should get a new product.
Sometimes, the food particles get stuck on your lips and may cause an allergic reaction to you. Stay safe when you’re eating a spicy food item. These spicy food items are more prone to causing a lip pimple. Also, ensure that you drink hot beverages keeping your lips safe from it. Sometimes, the hot beverages such as tea/coffee get to our lips and it hurts a lot till a pimple grows there.
This is especially for the females. If your body is going through any hormonal changes such as menstruation, stress, pregnancy or puberty, there are chances for the occurrence of a pimple on your lips or on the face.
Overdoing make ups and applying too much of beauty products may be one of the several causes of pimples on lips. You should ensure that you use good quality beauty products for your skin. Obviously, low-quality products will have a bad effect on your skins and lips too.
An unbalanced diet is one of the main reason for a pimple on your skin. If your nutrition intake is not in proportion, then there are chances that a pimple can occur. Also, if you eat foods that produce a lot of heat such as Eggs, Fish, Dry Fruits or Nuts in large quantities, then you must think about it. It may also be the reason of a pimple on lips. Pimples on lips due to heat is one of the major reasons behind an unwanted and ugly pimple.
Check: what causes pimples
According to some researchers, the fluoride in your toothpaste can also cause a reaction on your lips thereby giving you a new pimple. So, ensure that you use good quality toothpaste.
The skin is a very sensitive area and so are the lips. You must always take care of your lips. When you have your meal, especially when it contains all of your spices, you must go and wash your lips so that it does not contain any remains of the food particles that may later cause a disturbance.
Check: How To Get Rid Of Pimples
What You Should Do To Avoid Pimples on Lips?
- Change your toothpaste immediately if it contains a high amount of fluoride. Prefer a good brand over a cheap brand.
- Ensure that you have a good water intake in your body. Sometimes, the dehydration can cause different reactions in your body. At least 3 – 5 litres of water intake is a must.
- Wash your face and lips at 3 – 5 times in a day. It helps to remove the dust particles from your face which may cause blockage to your skin giving rise to a pimple.
- Change your lipsticks and lip balms if they are too old. If they are not of a good brand, you should think twice before using it. Do not use any beauty product if they have crossed the expiry date.
- Avoid eating too much of spicy foodstuffs as they can also cause increased heat in your body. The other possibility is that these spicy food particles may react with your lips while eating and you may get a pimple.
- Do not drink beverages that are too hot to consume. There are high chances that they may cause a pimple on your lips specifically.
- People who have an oily skin are more prone to pimples as compared to people with a dry skin. So, you must take preventive steps if you have an oily skin.
- Clean your lips after you have your meals. The oils in the food may stick to your lips and cause an ugly looking pimple.
- Do you follow a bad hygiene? If you do not brush your teeth daily, then the unhygienic conditions are dangerous to your skin and lips. So, ensure that you have a good hygiene.
- Do not touch your pimples on the lips often. Your hand may have dust particles, bacteria and so much more. Now, these things will aggravate the problem making it even worst.
There are some people who try to remove a pimple by themselves. They pop the pimples on the lips or the face. We would not suggest you to do that. The chances of removing the pimple instantly are very less by popping it. In fact, it can leave a spot on your lips for a certain period of days and may look ugly too.
Remember, a good amount of fluid intake reduces the chances of all the diseases by 40 percent. So, ensure that you drink different varieties of liquids, not just water. It could contain fruit juices, tea, coffee and other things. Just make sure that you don’t take anything in excess except water. These were some of the major causes of pimples on lips. Let us know if you have any suggestions.